Wolfgang Schutzbar genannt Milchling) (1483–1566) hailed from the
family of Schutzbar genannt Milchling from Hesse. He joined the Teutonic Order in 1507 and was from 1529 to 1543 Komtur of the Bally of Hesse
at Marburg. In 1543, he became
Hochmeister and Deutschmeister, a combined office located at Mergentheim.
There, he built the first town hall in 1564, and the first water supply. A monument dedicated to him is found at the local Market Square. His coat of arms shows three hearts meeting in the center of the shield.